We would like to thank you for choosing Georgia Skin Specialists as your dermatology provider.
If you are currently scheduled for an appointment as a new patient, please note the following:
- Note: you are considered a new patient to the practice if:
- You have never been to our practice before OR
- You have not been seen at our practice for a period of more than three (3) years
- You must bring the following to your appointment:
- Completed New Patient Paperwork
- Driver’s License/Photo ID
- A physical copy of your insurance card
- Proof of insurance is REQUIRED at the time of your visit. You will be asked to present your card or provide a print-out of your coverage at check-in. If you are unable to present your proof of insurance coverage at the time of your visit, total payment for your visit is due at time of service.
- After checking in with our front desk on the day of your appointment, you will receive an email inviting you to register for our patient portal. We encourage all patients to register on our portal for easy access to your information and messaging with our office.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you are providing the correct and most current information to our staff.
- If you are unable to complete the New Patient Paperwork prior to your appointment, we ask that you please arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled appointment time to complete the paperwork here in the office.
- Please check your benefits prior to your visit and find out what is or isn’t covered by your policy. Patients are fully responsible for all costs denied by their insurance. Georgia Skin Specialists is not responsible for unpaid amounts as a result of deductibles or denials from your insurance company. We cannot guarantee insurance coverage for any service provided.
What to Expect
Being well-prepared for your appointment will ensure that your provider has all of the necessary information to provide the best possible care for you. It will also help alleviate any unnecessary anxiety you may be feeling prior to your first appointment.
Educate yourself on your symptoms by reviewing the content on our website. Also, take some time to review our staff page and familiarize yourself with our providers.
If you have seen a dermatologist in the past, you may request to have those records transferred to our office prior to your first visit. Please contact your previous provider's office to have records transferred to Georgia Skin Specialists.
Cancellation Policy and Missed Appointments:
We ask that you notify our office at least 1 business day in advance to cancel or reschedule an appointment. Patients who fail to cancel scheduled appointments at least 24 hours in advance will be charged a $25 Late Cancellation Fee.
Patients who fail to arrive for a scheduled appointment and do not give notice will be considered a No Show and will be charged a $25 No Show fee.
Patients who No Show or give late cancellation notice three times or more will be dismissed from the practice.
If you are a new patient, please note that you are considered late and will need to reschedule your appointment if:
- You have completed New Patient Paperwork in hand but arrive more than 10 minutes after your scheduled appointment time.
- You have not completed New Patient Paperwork and arrive less than 10 minutes prior to your appointment time.
If you are a returning patient, we allow a 15-minute grace period after your scheduled appointment time. After 15 minutes, you will be considered late and will need to reschedule your appointment.