We would like to thank you for choosing Georgia Skin Specialists as your dermatology provider.
If you are currently scheduled for an appointment as a new patient, please note the following:
- New Patient is defined as:
- You have never been to our practice before OR
- You have not been seen at our practice for a period of more than three (3) years
- You must bring the following to your appointment:
- Completed New Patient Paperwork
- Driver’s License/Photo ID
- A physical copy of your insurance card - we need the back AND front of the card
- Proof of insurance is REQUIRED at the time of your visit. You will be asked to present your card or provide a print-out of your coverage at check-in. If you are unable to present your proof of insurance coverage at the time of your visit, total payment for your visit is due at time of service.
- Please note that you are responsible for making sure our office is in-network with your insurance company. We encourage patients to call the number on the back of their insurance card to verify this information.
- Please notify our office PRIOR to your appointment date if we need to obtain pre-authorization or pre-certification for any service(s).
- After checking in with our front desk on the day of your appointment, you will receive an email inviting you to register for our patient portal. We encourage all patients to register on our portal for easy access to your information and messaging with our office.
- It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that you are providing the correct and most current information to our staff. Failure to provide up-to-date information can result in claim denials and delays.
- If you are unable to complete the New Patient Paperwork prior to your appointment, we ask that you please arrive at least 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time to complete the paperwork here in the office.
- Please check your benefits prior to your visit and find out what is or isn’t covered by your policy. Patients are fully responsible for all costs denied by their insurance. Georgia Skin Specialists is not responsible for unpaid amounts as a result of deductibles or denials from your insurance company. We cannot guarantee insurance coverage for any service provided.
What to Expect
Being well-prepared for your appointment will ensure that your provider has all of the necessary information to provide the best possible care for you. It will also help alleviate any unnecessary anxiety you may be feeling prior to your first appointment.
Educate yourself on your symptoms by reviewing the content on our website. Also, take some time to review our staff page and familiarize yourself with our providers.
If you have seen a dermatologist in the past, you may request to have those records transferred to our office prior to your first visit. Please contact your previous provider's office to have records transferred to Georgia Skin Specialists.
It is important to note that many insurance companies do not view a skin exam as preventative care. You will be billed an office visit charge for your skin exam. Your insurance company may put this charge towards your deductible. You are financially responsible for any amount(s) not covered by your insurance company. We do not "re-code" visits to attempt to get a different financial outcome. The codes that we submit to insurance are determined by our providers to accurately describe the diagnoses and treatments from your visit.
If anything is treated during a skin exam (for example: warts, molluscum, actinic keratosis, etc.), these treatments will be billed in addition to your skin exam office visit. If anything is removed or biopsied during a skin exam, these procedures will be billed in addition to your skin exam office visit.
It is important to educate yourself about your individual benefits.
Cancellation Policy and Missed Appointments:
We ask that you notify our office at least 1 business day in advance to cancel or reschedule an appointment. Patients who fail to cancel scheduled appointments at least 24 hours in advance will be charged a $25 Late Cancellation Fee.
Patients who fail to arrive for a scheduled appointment and do not give notice will be considered a No Show and will be charged a $25 No Show fee.
Patients who No Show or give late cancellation notice three times or more will be dismissed from the practice.
We allow a 15-minute grace period after your scheduled appointment time. After 15 minutes, you will be considered late and will need to reschedule your appointment.